Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Let Us Connect

Scott we thank you for reminding us how important it is to connect to our family. We all live in our own little worlds only to look up once in a while. This blog has awakened my desire to share with you all. The little I know about your lives, I treasure. What an awesome opportunity we have to learn more about each other and how to maneuver through blog country (a new one for me).
Our family met in Denver for Memorial Day to catch up with each other's happenings and then bring Abbie's STUFF home from school. Dustin, living in Denver and working at CED, Jed living in Parachutte, Co. came with Angela, Zane 5 years old, Zoey 9 months, Abbie after 1 year at University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (UCCS). Tyler of course stayed at Seymour Airforce Base in North Carolinga (what a bummer).
We went to the Rockies (baseball) game against the New York Mets. They lost big time, but it was fun to be part of the crowd. It always surprises me the value we put with our sports in our country and the amount of money we throw into them. As I watched and knew how much money we spent, I realized we could solve world issues with that money. Just the money given to the players alone could solve world hunger. I too am a big fan of different sports, so I suppose I am part of the problem. Could we as a country change our focus and make a difference in our world?
Denver has a great aquariam we visited which allowed each of us to be kid all over again in a fantasy world for a few hours. The most exciting spot was the hurricane room. Dustin, Abbie and Zane stood in the front until it squirted water directly at them. Zane grabbed Dustin and pulled him to the side. Laughter is what clears the head and allows us pause in the moment.
Spending time with loved ones is what life is all about, being safe.

1 comment:

Christy said...

You are right! Family is so important!! What would we do without them?