Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mom's back


Just talked to Mom (Sunday night), and I gather that you all talked with her over the weekend as well. I tried to explain, after she said she had gone to church today, that it's going to church that is hurting her back and that studies show that churchgoing is bad for the back; but she wouldn't listen to me. I showed her this figure and pointed out that problems with the transverse process are a direct result of the transsubstantiation that goes on when the bread and water are blessed. Again, she just laughed.

As I'm sure she told all of you, she's worried about being alone if she has to have an operation. I explained that some combination of Jill and Carol and I could surely care for her, and there are grandchildren around as well.

So, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: